Welcome to Career Search
Supreme Steel LP, located in Acheson, AB is currently looking for an independent, self-motivated, solution-driven and highly efficient individual to join our team in the full-time position of HSE Advisor. The Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor is responsible for providing safety leadership guidance, supporting management in safety practices, equipping all levels of the workforce with proactive safety attitudes and skills, ensuring crews are following safety programs, and fostering a safety-conscious culture. He/she promotes the continuous health and safety improvements, the assurance of regulatory compliance and the engraining of safe work behaviors as part of day-to-day thinking. This individual will be responsible to:
- Partner with supervision to plan, direct and manage the health and safety programs of both shop and field to ensure that the team is aware of and in compliance with regulatory and Supreme Group health and safety programs
- Actively promote health & safety to all employees including running employee orientations, circulating and administering safe work procedures and practices, and educating on site specific rules and requirements
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future, inputting all data into HSE Insight
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Assist supervision in the preparation and delivery of Daily Toolbox Talks
- Conduct employee orientations, inspections, and incident investigations
- Report and assist in managing injury claims
- Maintenance of safety file system
- Respond to worker safety concerns
- Verify supervision and workers meet Health & Safety requirements
- Record keeping, data input, tracking and analysis
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Has a certificate in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NCSO or CRSP preferred, with a complement of other relevant OH&S courses
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Safety Advisor and/or Safety Administor in the Manufacturing or Construction industry
- Displays strong current knowledge of health, safety and environment-related legislation, regulations, policies, and administrative requirements
- Proactively identifies and effectively and efficiently addresses deficiencies, risks, and problems
- Has the ability to partner with management, union representatives, and employees in achieving a safer working environment
- Solves problems, implement solutions and contribute new ideas that improve quality and efficiency within the safety program
- Demonstrates exceptional communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Shows attention to detail, following up on the numbers and analyzing data
- Computer knowledge, able to compose communications, enter data, and maintain data systems
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Actively listens and communicates effectively
- Will motivate and inspire others within the organization in a manner of care and respect
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
To apply, please apply throgh our website, attaching your resume and cover letter, or forward your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #200622SSA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competition closes July 6th, 2020.
Supreme Group is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.