Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, and Saskatoon.
Supreme Steel LP, located on the east end of Edmonton, is currently looking for safety conscious, quality driven Shop Foremen to join the production team at our Bridge Division facility. There are two full time non-union positions available, one will be working the day shift and one working the night shift. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe and efficient workflow through the planning, executing and monitoring of work processes. The Foreman position requires an individual who can anticipate change, plan resources, execute work, deliver on schedule, and optimize production practices. This position demands an individual who is a skillful communicator, can guide and motivate employees, and drive safety and quality programs. Supreme is looking for a leader who will foster a positive culture and work environment and can also provide exemplary service to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advises and directs unionized personnel and subcontractors, engaging them in the planning and executing of work, while interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of fabrication according to project and fabrication schedules
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to quality specifications and adheres to construction schedules
- Completes daily reports such as fabrication status and issues, safety, quality events and manpower reporting
- Schedules and orders materials, inspections and manpower in order to meet project schedules and specifications
- Maintains a general knowledge of equipment used on the job including possessing a basic understanding of equipment limits and their designed purpose
- Responsible for managing employee performance; providing training, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Attends and actively participates in weekly Plant Manager meetings
- Schedules and records all required inspections, quality testing, or other compliance requirements
Specifically, the position requires an individual who:
- Has a journeyperson certification in a relevant trade, coupled with a demonstrated aptitude towards improvement of production techniques
- Has 7 years overall industry experience in a steel bridge or metal fabrication facility
- Has 5 years in a supervisory position, able to lead and guide production personnel to solutions
- Capacity to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines
- Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Good computer / software skills, ability to learn company production scheduling databases (MRP), reporting programs (EHS Insight), and Excel
Supreme Steel LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement. Please forward your cover letter and resume, quoting competition # 200110SSB, to Human Resources at Employment@supremegroup.com by February 9, 2020.