Welcome to Career Search
Supreme Steel Inc. is currently seeking an experienced CWI certified QC Inspector for the swing shift at their plant located in Portland Oregon. The QC Inspector position is a full time position and reports directly to the QA Manager. This position plays a key role in meeting the company's fabrication deadlines, meeting or improving on HSE targets, job budgets (fabrication hours), project schedule commitments and Quality objectives (i.e. work sign-off, workmanship quality, etc.).
The QC Inspector job is primarily responsible for ensuring products meet the applicable code requirements and specifications. Overall responsibility areas may include, but are not limited to, activities involving:
- Participate in daily Toolbox meetings
- Enforce Safety rules through participation, example and communication
- Perform routine quality control examinations including dimensional checks of the product in accordance with contract ITP in a shop environment
- Perform welding inspection on fabricated structural steel components
- Inspection of incoming material and verifying MTRs
- Carry out paint inspection, verify film thickness, ambient condition observation
- Maintain shop QC records and weld maps, welder performance log
- Read and interpret blue prints and project specification
- Interface with shop personnel, subcontractors, third part testing and office staff
- Assist in mentoring and training other workers in various tasks as required, with a focus on established plant procedures
- Ability to verify component placement via shop drawings
- Code, spec and contract compliance verification
- Demonstrates strong analytical/numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates positive, can-do attitude, team player
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and quality documenting software
- Perform audits/inspections and generate clear and detailed reports
- Must be able to travel on occasion, have reliable transportation and manage time
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity
- Must be Certified welding inspector to AWS CWI or CSA 178.2 Level 2
- Must have good knowledge of Structural and Bridge Welding Code (CSA W59, CSA W47.1, AWS D1.1, AWS D1.5, AWS D1.8)
- Experience with RCSC, AISC, ASTM, AREMA and ISO a plus.
- High school or higher education (2-year degree in welding related field a plus)
- Journeyman Welder or Fitter experience is a plus, but not required
- General knowledge of Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE)
- Background in lean manufacturing a plus
Supreme Group is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.