Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Vancouver, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel Inc. located in Portland, OR is currently looking for an independent, self-motivated, and a positive professional in the role of Health, Safety & Environment Manager. The HSE Manager leads a team within our Portland facility and manages activities to ensure alignment with policies/procedures. The HSE Manager is responsible for providing Health, Safety & Environmental leadership and guidance in ensuring that all individuals have ownership of the safety programs, while fostering a safety-conscious atmosphere. This individual will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide strong leadership to supervisors in planning, directing and managing the Health and Safety programs to ensure that everyone is conscious of and in compliance with all applicable legislations
- Actively promote Health & Safety; enhance a safety conscious culture and establish a strong Health & Safety relationship with stakeholders
- Involved in facilitating employee orientations, administering safe work procedures and practices, and educating on site-specific rules and requirements
- Support supervision in the preparation and delivery of Daily Toolbox Talks
- Lead employee orientations, inspections, and incident investigations
- Coach and mentor H&S advisors, department managers, and field supervisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective action plans
- Mitigate and effectively report and manage any injury claims
- Respond to worker safety concerns
- Recommend corrective action where Environmental hazards exist
- Verify that supervision and workers meet Health & Safety requirements
- Record keeping, data input, tracking, and analysis
- Conduct inspection for Environmental compliance as per the State of Oregon and City of Portland
- Maintain liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies
- Facilitate the permit process and maintain valid permits
- Perform basic soil, stream and groundwater sampling
- Perform visual air monitoring
- Evaluate of waste disposal and recycling programs
The Successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- B.S in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, CSP is preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in Health, Safety, and Environment management in a field operation, and/or construction
- Thorough understanding of Root Cause Analysis, Investigation Techniques, Environmental Compliance (groundwater & permitting system within the State of Oregon)
- Ability to find innovative solutions as they apply to Health, Safety & Environment for the organization as a whole
- Communicate, enter data and maintain data systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Solid technical experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling environmental hazards in the workplace
- Teamwork is critical to the success of this position
- Solid leadership, organizational, communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong sound judgment, problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to travel
Supreme Steel Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package and 401(k) plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources quoting competition #190806SSP, prior to August 31st, 2019.
Supreme Steel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Supreme Steel Inc. considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
If you require a special accommodation to submit an application, please call the Human Resources Department.