Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel Inc. is currently looking for a safety conscious, team oriented Plant Superintendent to join the production team at our facility in Portland, OR. This position is responsible for the strategic fabrication planning and execution efforts to facilitate safe, efficient, and quality product delivery from the facility. The Shop Superintendent will be an individual who can successfully navigate the project fabrication cycle in order to anticipate change, plan resources, execute work, deliver within budget and schedule, drive safety and quality programs, and close out contracts successfully.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directly manage the shop crew leads and unionized personnel
- Developing production and project specific execution plans
- Supporting group wide estimates and bid planning
- Managing various aspects of production planning including support for material and inventory planning
- Manage manpower to meet current and upcoming production requirements to run the plant efficiently
- Demonstrates strong current knowledge of Local Labour Relations agreements and related requirements, standards and procedures
- Have sound knowledge of the complexities of fabricating and welding large complex structures
This position demands an individual who understands and can enhance the product lifecycle of steel fabrication, supplementing the other stakeholders in optimizing product delivery. Having proven experience in a steel bridge or metal fabrication facility, the successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- 7-10 years' direct experience in bridge production or fabrication, including planning / scheduling, production controls, and/or project management
- 5 years in a supervisory position, able to lead and guide production personnel to solutions
- Journeyperson certification in a relevant trade will be considered, coupled with a demonstrated aptitude towards improvement of production techniques, either through LEAN training certification, or an equivalency
- Professional drive, seeking on-time delivery of product to customers
- Change Management skills, anticipating upcoming challenges and navigating a path through them
- Strong computer / software skills, able to use production scheduling (MRP) databases, excel, and optimize the reporting capabilities of the position
Supreme Steel Inc. offers a competitive wage, benefit package, 401(K) matching, and long-term ownership incentives to the successful candidate.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #190325SSP, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supreme Steel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Supreme Steel Inc. considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
If you require a special accommodation to submit an application, please call the Human Resources Department.