Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Vancouver, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, is currently looking for a self-motivated, customer focused and highly efficient individual to join our Business Value Team in the position of Quality Manager at our Delta, BC location. Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Manager is primarily accountable for implementing and enforcing a company-wide Quality Management System, managing QA/QC activities, and liaising between the Project Team, the Quality department and internal/external customers. While fostering a culture of collaboration and accountability with peers, customers and industry partners, the Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring the project quality plan is executed and documented in accordance with the requirements of the contract, certifying that services are provided consistently and in accordance with the highest of quality standards.
- Developing QA/QC procedures, work instructions, inspection reports and traveller sheets.
- Managing and/or mitigating all quality concerns within the organization and associated projects.
- Reviewing project specification and contract and developing Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
- Managing records of all welding-related activities, including control of WPSs, PQRs, welder roster and qualifications, Non-Destructive Testing, etc.
- Managing NCRs and compiling Quality turnover package.
- Monitoring local sub-contractors work to ensure their adherence to Supreme Quality Management System.
- Periodic review of QMS including the Quality System database, processes, and procedures.
- Planning/conducting QMS internal audit and project audit and ensure full compliance to the code/standards.
- Participating in the project quality audit and certification body audit to maintain company quality certifications (eg: ISO, AISC, CWB, etc.).
- Promoting culture of quality and advocate quality achievement and ongoing performance improvement across the organization.
- Minimum 15 years of related experience in the fabrication of structural steels and bridges.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings to verify alignment and dimensions of products.
- Strong understanding of dimensional control in complex geometry.
- Detailed knowledge with US and Canadian Codes, such as AWS D1.1, D1.5, D1.8, ASME Sect IX and CSA W59, W47.1.
- Familiarity with AISC and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Material Engineering and CSA 178.2 Level 2 certificate is an asset.
- Technical team leadership and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated leadership with adherence to safety procedures.
Supreme Steel LP, offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and matching RRSP program, as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition #190306SSV.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.