Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to fill the position of Shop Crew Lead at our Acheson, AB location. This unionized, night shift position will report directly to the Plant Superintendent and will oversee the nightly operations of production while guiding the work of the shop floor employees in accordance with Supreme Group Safety, Quality and General Policies.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the work of the employees to ensure it meets Supreme Group Quality objectives as well as adherence to safety policies
- Inspect facilities and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of safety and the environment
- Actively participate in promotion of our culture of safety excellence by engaging in safety initiatives including, but no limited to, driving safety consideration in all task planning, behaviour based observations, and finding opportunities to own safety improvement
- Communicate project progress to Superintendent
- Communication with Management to ensure any concerns are immediately addressed
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the Superintendent within the physical constraints of the job
Preferred candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience at a journeyman level in a fabrication shop
- Approachable leadership style with the ability to mentor and motivate
- Effective time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise knowledge of all welding and fitting processes, welding symbols and procedures
- Foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and respect
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and specifications
- Demonstrates strong current knowledge of Local Labour Relations agreements and related quality and safety requirements, standards and procedures
- Acceptance of continuous learning opportunities and professional development
All employees must adhere to proper safety procedures and policies while working in a culture of care. Positions working in labour intensive or safety-sensitive environments will be required to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, as well as Physical Fitness to Work Mobility Testing.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #190207SSA.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.