Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP is currently looking for a systems driven, highly organized Plant Production Planner to join our production team at our facility in Saskatoon, SK.
The Plant Production Planner is responsible for effectively planning and scheduling the materials and capacity through the plant production schedule. The successful candidate will also be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and manage the plant production schedule to ensure it meets the requirements of the overall project schedule
- Proactively plan production activities to ensure drawings, materials, and manhours needed are readily available
- Hold daily production meetings to mitigate material and capacity issues
- Ensure consideration to cost of production to determine how the company's resources can be used productively
- Develop and implement solutions to solve problems related to production planning to address deviations related to material capacity
- Coordinate with the procurement and fabrication functions to ensure production schedule is maintained without the interruption of production flow
- Facilitate adjustments due to changes in demand and rush orders
- Prepare weekly reports for distribution to key stakeholders
- Adept at material allocation and assignment and requisitioning material to ensure that delivery aligns with the fabrication schedules
- Experience with preparing and issuing cutlists to the shop floor to facilitate productivity requirements
- A thorough understanding of reading drawings, in order to properly coordinate material, while maintaining compliance with MTR's and aterial grades
- Ability to take direction and perform with minimum supervision
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience with Steel Fabrication processes.
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, RSP matching plan, and long-term ownership incentives to the successful candidate.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition #190118SSS.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.