Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP is currently seeking a self-motivated, customer focused and highly efficient individual to join our Business Value Team in the position of Quality Inspector at our Edmonton, AB location. Reporting to the regional Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector is primarily responsible for implementing and enforcing a company-wide Quality Management System, coordinating and supervising QA/QC activities, and liaising between the Quality department and internal/external customers. While fostering a culture of collaboration and accountability with peers, customers and industry partners, the Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring the project quality plan is executed and documented in accordance with the requirements of the contract, certifying that services are provided consistently and in accordance with the highest of quality standards.
- Perform routine quality control examinations including dimensional checks of the product in accordance with contract ITP in a shop environment
- Perform welding inspection on fabricated structural steel components
- Inspection of incoming material and verifying MTRs
- Carry out paint inspection, verify film thickness, ambient condition observation
- Maintain shop QC records and weld maps, welder performance log
- Read and interpret blue prints and project specification
- Interface with shop personnel
- Ability to verify component placements, code compliance verification
- Demonstrates strong analytical/numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates positive, can-do attitude, team player
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Must be Certified welding inspector to CSA 178.2 Level 2
- Must have good knowledge of Structural and Bridge Welding Code (CSA W59, W47.1, AWS D1.1, AWS D1.5)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Bridge fabrication and familiar with the Alberta Transportation standard for Bridge Construction
- High school or higher education
- Journeyman Welder or Fitter experience is a plus, but not required
- General knowledge of Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE)
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP program, as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to Human Resources, quoting competition #190130SSB.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.