Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Group LP, located in Saskatoon, SK is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to join our customer value team in the position of Structural Steel Detailer. This position is responsible for designing, drafting, creating 3D models and erection 2D drawings. This individual will possess demonstrated ability to gain knowledge quickly, and follow safety policies and procedures while promoting a safe work environment.
This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Creating 3D models including wires and connections in Tekla as well as developing detailed shop and erection 2D drawings
- Working with the Connection Design Engineer to resolve potential shop, fabrication and field fitting issues identified at the detailing stage of the project
- Interpreting and incorporating approval comments, contract changes and other revisions into 3D models and drawings
- Reviewing and analyzing specifications, drawings and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed
- Work with connection design engineer and co-workers to resolve potential shop fabrication fitting issues identified at the detailing stage of the project
Having proven work experience in a Structural Detailing role, working in the Steel or Construction Industry, the successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
- Design or Drafting Certificate or Diploma is required
- Has a minimum of 5 years' experience in structural detailing
- Strong organizational skills using effective time management
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects is required
- Familiarity with software such as Tekla and AutoCad is considered an asset
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of standards, processes, procedures and weld symbols
- Experience in Drafting Project Coordinator role is an assist
Supreme Group LP offers a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #181123SSS.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.