Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to join our Production Value Team in the position of Contracts Manager at our Acheson, AB location. The Contracts Manager is a critical role in supporting the Supply Chain Management Team in achieving our goals by building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and vendors in negotiating contracts. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, this position is primarily responsible for safely planning, executing, and delivering support to management in various departments, within budget and in accordance with project specifications. This position demands an individual who has solid knowledge of supporting infrastructure projects, specifically for executing field steel erection, heavy lifts, and industrial construction. Managing the labour and material components of subcontractors, and ensuring we seek reimbursement for eligible expenses.
This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing current and future project contracts, as dictated by clients, with full knowledge of the risks, company obligations, awareness of our opportunities to capture profit, and strategies to manage and deliver in a timely fashion
- Manage company subcontract accounts, while having a strong understanding of the scope definition, pre-qualifications, vendor selection, contract building, vendor management, and contract closure
- Engage in contracts & scope discussion, ability to negotiate terms, manage risks, changes, and cash-flow
- Train & educate our project managers and other key stakeholders in contract administration, in closing out our contracts in good faith, to ensure our business partners are satisfied with the goods and services provided to them
Having proven 7 plus years' overall experience in contract management, subcontract construction management (trades coordination), and/or project management the Contracts Manager will also possess the following attributes:
- Shows professional drive, seeking on-time delivery of responsibilities to assigned projects, following up on the numbers and the results
- Comes with solid negotiation skills, with the ability to seek collaborative results in contracts
- Demonstrates high literacy; able to identify contractual risks and navigate/understand legal terms, and is keen on proofreading and editing, with meticulous attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) Designation or equivalent is required, additional education or a professional designation is an asset
- Solves problems and contributes new ideas that improve quality and efficiency
- Demonstrates effective change management skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Supreme Group LP offers a salary based on experience and education. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan, a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #190130SSA.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.