Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, located in Acheson, AB is currently looking for an innovative team player to join our Information Technology Team in the position of Application Developer. Application development involves the process, life cycle and creation of the software aimed at helping users complete a computer task or program. Developers work closely with computer analysts and engineers in using languages such as Java, C#, Angular, and T-SQL to develop the necessary specifications for software. Developers also require the ability to test, troubleshoot and improve applications for clients.
This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Lead or support development activities, such as write, modify, integrate, and test application source code against predefined specifications, design and develop application components and/or estimates
- Perform gap analysis between business and technical requirements; determine root causes of software issues or problems and recommend alternative solutions
- Develop reports, prepare manuals on the status, operation, and maintenance of software; covering the whole software development life cycle
- Lead or assist in optimizing performance of applications
- Lead or support integrating software, hardware to sustain the end-to-end business operations
- Work closely with BA or assist in requirements gathering, document software specifications, and track and update project work items
- Work with BA and the development team in application architecture implementation and general enhancements needed to increase the maintainability and extensibility of an applications
- Provide technical support to the BA in the design and development of enterprise wide technological integration and business solutions
- Provide technical expertise on emerging technologies for further adoption
- Work with the development team in developing and maintaining standards and guidelines to improve existing processes or create new technical processes
- Understanding of identifying, troubleshooting, and communicating technical problems, processes and solutions to both technical and non-technical staff
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Computer Science Degree, Diploma or Technology graduate and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with Microsoft application services development
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining web applications that adhere to modern web and security best practices
- Experience working with NET Framework
- Proficiency with all web-oriented languages such as HTML, CSS, and XML, as well as with structured query language variants such as MS-SQL, MySQL, or PL/SQL
- Skilled in developing software using Visual Studio
- Involvement with decentralized version control such as Git
- Experience as a front-end web developer
- Capable of using MVC and Entity Framework in web application development, website design, construction, maintenance, and Agile development methods
- Experience with Angular, BIM integration, DotNet Core, and Power BI is considered an asse
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #190125SSA.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.