Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, located in Acheson, AB is currently looking for an independent, self-motivated, solution-driven and highly efficient individual to join our Information Technology Team in the full-time position of IT Support Technician. This position is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnosis, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. The position's responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Work requires some local travel, is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
This individual will be responsible to:
- Manage small projects as required
- Provide end user support
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware & software
- Tier 1 support servers
- Follow-up with clients to assure issue resolution
- Perform pro-active maintenance
- Train and educate clients on technical standards and technology use
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation and timesheets
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required
- Participate in the on-call rotation and other duties as required
- Able to travel to USA and other Canadian cities as required (must have a valid driver's license and passport)
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Recognized diploma or bachelor's degree
- VMWare Horizon View experience or certification is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Own transportation
- 2 years of IT support related experience
- Familiarity with current Microsoft Office & Operating systems
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition #190125SSA.
Supreme Group is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.