Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, located in Portland, Oregon is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to join our customer value team in the position of Business Development Representative of promoting Supremes' products, engineering and service offerings utilizing knowledge of industries and applications. Ensure accurate calculation of costs, estimates, and savings, to customers for review and approval. Motivate and engage team members, work collaboratively with the management team to establish and implement sales and service strategies throughout the territory.
This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- 3 plus years of experience in account manager or sales with in Steel or constructions industries is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable construction sector project execution processes including planning, scheduling, manpower and equipment requirements, safety, quality assurance, site logistics, and construction law
- Familiarity of specific construction sector (structural steel, pressure piping, general mechanical) codes, standards, and work practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint), customer relationship management systems and client databases
- Contributes to the development of, and accountable for executing, a strategic business plan for ensuring that Supreme has an opportunity to bid, and win, the best projects from the best clients in the assigned sector(s)
- Acquire and deliver all client/project intelligence information required to ensure a "Bid-to-win" advantage (customer driven value proposition) for each project opportunity, and ensure active support of all proposal efforts including oversight of the pre-bid qualification process
- Develop key performance objectives for the assigned sector(s) in alignment with companywide performance goals
- Work actively with the Director of Business Development in other market sectors to ensure consistency of Supreme brand and resources are shared for cost effective and market coverage
- Develop an understanding of clients' business and concerns and how to apply our products and services to develop a strong value propositions. Essentially generating increased revenues from existing clients by promoting additional products and services for future projects
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ensure that the quality of all customer touch points meets the Supremes' values and Supremes' customer value proposition
- Available to travel internationally 30-50% of the time
Supreme Steel LP offers a comprehensive benefit package and 401(k) plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition #190111SSP.
Supreme Steel LP is an equal opportunity employer.
Supreme Steel Ltd. considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
If you require a special accommodation to submit an application, please call the Human Resources Department.