Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team in Delta, BC as a Junior Project/Construction Engineer. Reporting to the Director/Manager of Engineering, the Project Engineer will be a technical resource at various stages of the design and construction, from submission to project support. This position is accountable for producing designs and calculations, project and construction coordination for a variety of structural steel projects.
Qualifications and skills Requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) in the province of BC
- 0-4 years of practical experience working on structural engineering projects and experience in the structural steel, bridge and/or manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of structural systems and structural stability
- Capable of creating construction erection scheme layouts and installation procedures
- knowledge with Canadian and US Codes such as CSA S16, S6, W59, W47.1, AISC, and AWS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of AutoCad and/or Tekla
- Strong written, verbal communication, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, to engage in creative and critical thought, and to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others
- Active listening skills with customers, suppliers, employees, and other industry stakeholders
- Provide input on construction related issues during capital planning and project development to ensure that construction activities and issues are appropriately accounted for
- Advise on project constructability during design and execution by reviewing drawings, specifications, tender documents and other associated documents
- Support project construction by conducting field reviews, generating and distributing project construction progress reports, alerting the project team of quality assurance issues, and initiating, coordinating and facilitating appropriate inspections for quality assurance and close out
- Ability to travel and work with staff located remotely
Duties would include:
- Assist in the completion of project, process engineering activities with the objective of meeting the defined contractual scope to the relevant codes, standards, and company procedures
- Assists team in preparing construction contract documents, drawings, plans and reports
- Perform calculations, develop work packages, and engineering documents
- Assist with analyzing technical issues and construction erection procedure with other engineering discipline, aided and supported by the other specialist disciplines
- Producing designs and calculations, and design assist for a variety of structural steel projects
- Providing technical recommendations for shop and/or field site non-conformities
- Meeting with stakeholders; assisting production/field crew in interpreting technical project requirements, and providing technical recommendations for correction of non-conformities
- Report to Construction and Engineering Managers on progress of work and ensure coordination between the engineering, design, and project management teams
- Performs field work as directed by a senior project engineer/manager
- Travel to field for project scoping, verification, construction support, and meeting with clients
Supreme Steel LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment, strong support team environment and potential for continued advancement within a growth oriented organization.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting competition # 190212SSV.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.