Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual for the position of Shipping & Receiving Coordinator at our facility in Delta, BC. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Shipping & Receiving Coordinator will be primarily responsible for ensuring accurate and seamless outgoing and incoming shipments, while understanding the impact to other business functions. This individual will possess demonstrated ability to gain knowledge quickly, and follow safety policies and procedures while promoting a safe work environment.
This position is responsible for but are not limited to the following:
- Update daily receiving in computer system
- Verify Incoming shipments contents and quality
- Schedule freight appointments
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current projects, coordinating with Project Managers and site personnel, ensuring scheduled delivery times are met
- Negotiate products and services, maintaining good working relationships with carriers
- Process all paperwork and maintain adequate records
Preferred candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Knowledge of working with different equipments and overhead cranes is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to safety procedures
- Provide exemplary service to internal and external customers
- Experience in the structural steel fabrication sector is considered an asset
Supreme Steel LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition number 190204SSV before February 18th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.