Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, located in Saskatoon, SK is currently looking for an independent, self-motivated, solution-driven and highly efficient individual to join our Business Value Team in the full-time position of Health & Safety Advisor. The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for providing safety leadership guidance, ensuring crews are following safety programs, and fostering a safety-conscious culture. He/she promotes the continuous health and safety improvements, the assurance of regulatory compliance and the engraining of safe work behaviors as part of day-to-day thinking. This individual will be responsible to:
- Partner with supervision to plan, direct and manage the health and safety programs of both shop and field to ensure that the team is aware of and in compliance with regulatory and Supreme Group health and safety programs
- Actively promote health & safety to all employees including running employee orientations, circulating and administering safe work procedures and practices, and educating on site specific rules and requirements
- Assist supervision in the preparation and delivery of Daily Toolbox Talks
- Conduct employee orientations, inspections, and incident investigations
- Report and manage injury claims
- Maintenance of safety file system
- Respond to worker safety concerns
- Verify supervision and workers meet Health & Safety requirements
- Record keeping, data input, tracking and analysis
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NCSO or CRSP preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Safety Advisor in the Manufacturing/Construction industry
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a strategic partner for Supreme Group
- Computer knowledge, able to compose communications, enter data, and maintain data systems
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Teamwork is critical to the success of this position
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, quoting competition #190107SSS prior to January 21st, 2019.
Supreme Group is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.