Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP is currently looking for a systems driven, highly organized Plant Production Planner to join our production team at our facility in Acheson, Alberta.
The Plant Production Planner is responsible for effectively planning and scheduling the materials and capacity through the Plant Production Schedule. With a proven ability to understand materials organization and controls as well as read drawings and bills of material, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and manage the plant production schedule to ensure it meets the requirements of the overall project schedule.
- Proactively plan production activities to ensure drawings, materials, and manhours needed are readily available.
- Hold daily production meetings to mitigate material and capacity issues.
- Ensure consideration to cost of production to determine how the company’s resources can be used productively.
- Develop and implement solutions to solve problems related to production planning to address deviations related to material capacity.
- Coordinate with the procurement and fabrication functions to ensure production schedule is maintained without the interruption of production flow.
- Facilitate adjustments due to changes in demand and rush orders.
- Prepare weekly reports for distribution to key stakeholders.
- Ability to take direction and perform with minimum supervision.
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience with Steel Fabrication processes.
All employees must adhere to proper safety procedures and policies while working in a culture of care.
We offer a competitive wage, benefit package, RSP matching plan, and long-term ownership incentives to the successful candidate.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at
email@example.com by December 14, 2018 quoting competition number 181204SSA.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.