Welcome to Career Search
SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator and erector in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg.
Supreme Steel LP, located in Acheson, AB is currently looking for an independent, self-motivated, solution-driven and highly efficient individual to join our Business Value Team in the full-time position of Health & Safety Administrator. The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for providing safety support and guidance, assisting crews are following safety programs, and fostering a safety-conscious culture. He/she promotes the continuous health and safety improvements, the assurance of regulatory compliance and the engraining of safe work behaviors as part of day-to-day thinking.
This individual will be responsible to:
- Partner with HSE Advisor and Manager to plan, direct and manage the health and safety programs of both shop and field to ensure that the team is aware of and in compliance with regulatory and Supreme Group health and safety programs
- Actively promote health & safety to all employees including running employee orientations, circulating and administering safe work procedures and practices, and educating on site specific rules and requirements
- Conduct employee orientations, inspections, incident investigations and data entry
- Maintenance of safety file system
- Respond to worker safety concerns
- Verify supervision and workers meet Health & Safety requirements
- Record keeping, data input, tracking and analysis
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- NCSO or HSA is preferred
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a Safety Administrator in the Manufacturing/Construction industry
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as a strategic partner for Supreme Group
- Computer knowledge, able to compose communications, enter data, and maintain data systems
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Teamwork is critical to the success of this position
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition #181130SSA prior to December 14th, 2018.
Supreme Group is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.