SUPREME GROUP LP is the largest privately owned structural steel fabricator in Canada, with facilities in Delta, Edmonton, Portland, and Saskatoon.
Supreme Steel LP is currently looking for a systems driven, highly organized CNC Programmer at our facility in Acheson, AB. The CNC Programmer is responsible for effectively planning and organizing the layout of plate to be cut from large materials through the use of our nesting software. This individual will liaise with yard personnel to proactively manage inventory and coordinate material in accordance with the weekly production schedule.
With a proven ability to read drawings and understand materials organization, the successful candidate will also possess basic computer skills, strong communication and time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced work environment. The CNC Programmer will have demonstrated ability to gain knowledge quickly, and follow safety policies and procedures while promoting a safe work environment. Experience in the structural steel fabrication sector is an asset.
Supreme Steel LP offers a competitive wage and benefit package as per the collective agreement.
Successful candidates will have a valid driver’s license will be required to pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, as well as Physical Fitness to Work Mobility Testing as a condition of their employment.
All employees must adhere to proper safety procedures and policies while working in a culture of care.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources, quoting competition #200806SSA. Competition closed August 20, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Supreme Steel LP has a project opportunity commencing in August 2020 in the Rocanville area, and is currently looking for a motivated and highly efficient individual to join our Project Management team in the position of Project Coordinator. This site position is primarily responsible for administering, organizing, and supporting the planning, execution and delivery of projects on time, within budget and in accordance with project specifications. This individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Administering project functions such as schedule, communications, and planning meetings
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Supporting progress measurements and billing functions such as LEMS
- Assisting in capturing change management initiatives
- Monitoring cost control measures and providing trend analysis against baseline
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques to track and report project progress
- Act as an onsite liaison for projects and client relationships
Having a solid background in technical construction or fabrication, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate remarkable organizational skills, along with the following attributes:
- Certified trade or a combination of various related technical Degrees, Diplomas and/or designations, with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong mathematical and planning skills
- Exceptional computer skills; proficient in Primavera P6 scheduling and project management softwares, including full proficiency in Excel
- Progress towards a PMP Designation
- Experience in steel fabrication and infrastructure erection projects is considered an asset
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to safety procedures
- Solves problems and contributes new ideas that improve quality and efficiency
- Demonstrates effective time management skills
- Ability to manage internal and external RFI tracking and administration
- Exceptional client-facing and internal communication skills, written and verbal
Supreme Group LP offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and RRSP plan as well as a great learning environment and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting competition #200728SSS. Competition closes August 5, 2020